Young Collar 330

Friday, February 20, 2015

Will Sims II


Name: Will Sims II
Age: 41
Current Residence: Sherman Oaks, California
Occupation: YouTube Sensation
Gordon Holmes: It says here that one of your hobbies is karaoke. What’s your go-to jam?
Will Sims II:
My go-to jam is “Living on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. Last year me and my wife got pranked at the gas station by Jay Leno. I sang “Living on a Prayer” and she did “Sweet Dreams” from the Eurythmics.  And we had 25 million hits on YouTube.
Holmes:
What was it like to have that level of notoriety for something so odd?
Sims:
It was crazy. That’s just what we do. We have fun. Going to the gas station and singing? And 25 million hits later Bon Jovi sent us a video message. When patrons come to the bar they keep looking, then they finally figure out who I am. They take a picture, I give them a drink, and they leave me a nice tip.
Holmes:
And if you get in trouble in the game you can be like, “You can’t vote me out because the union’s been on strike and I’m down on my luck…it’s tough…”
Sims:
(Laughs) So tough. I don’t know if I’ll sing, but I’ll use my people skills to maneuver. It’s hard to vote someone off that you like.
Holmes:
Are you going to share your adventures at the gas pump with your tribemates?
Sims:
If they ask I’ll indulge. But if they don’t, no. I just want them to know me as Will.
Holmes: Are you a “Survivor” fan?
Sims: I am a “Survivor” fan. Probably not as big as everyone else, but I do enjoy the show.
Holmes: How often have you watched?
Sims: I’ve probably seen seven or eight seasons.
Holmes: Your bio says the “Survivor” you’re most like is Rupert, but it doesn’t expound on that. What Rupertarian characteristics do you possess?
Sims: Rupert was just a fun-loving guy. He took things as they came, he never really got stressed out.
Holmes: Fairplay might disagree with that.
Sims: (Laughs) Well, he stayed true to his self. That’s the kind of game I’m going to play.
Holmes: If you could align with any past “Survivor” who would it be?
Sims: I liked Tony, I liked Fairplay, and I like Rupert.
Holmes: How would they help your game?
Sims: Rupert and I would balance each other out. He’s a bigger guy. Fairplay, he’d bring out the sneakiness in me. I’d have to dig deep in my soul. The way he played it with his grandma, that was a little bit extreme for me.
Holmes: But ten years later we’re still talking about it.
Sims: Yeah, and Tony played the game well. Tony was just smart.
Holmes: There’s quite a bit of deception in this game. Are you comfortable lying or is that a line you won’t cross?
Sims: You have to. This game is about Outwit, Outplay, Outlast. Whatever I need to do, I’m going to do.
Holmes: Are you a good liar?
Sims: I’m a great liar. (Laughs)
Holmes: Are you able to detect when other people are lying?
Sims: Most of the time. There’s a difference between manipulating and blatantly lying. People who blatantly lie and you know they’re lying? That’s my pet peeve. But, if you embellish a little, that’s fine.
Holmes: Is your wife going to be upset if you need to get close to some of these ladies out here?
Sims: I’m a bartender, so I flirt to make tips. That’s not a problem. I just have to know the level of flirtation.
Holmes: Do you and your wife have a level that’s acceptable?
Sims: No, she trusts me. At the end of the day I am married and I’m faithful to my wife. I’m not going to be this male chauvinist and be like, “Hey…baby!” I’m going to…
Holmes: Is that you’re game? “Hey, baby!”
Sims: (Laughs)
Holmes: Cause what I do does not work. I might steal that.
Sims: (Laughs) I’m not going to compromise who I am just to get a million dollars.
Holmes: Do you have any experience roughing it?
Sims: Not like this.
Holmes: Nobody does.
Sims: (Laughs) Yeah, nobody does it like this. I’ll go to the beach, I fish, but nothing to this extreme.
Holmes: I’m gonna throw out some things that are in your future and you tell me how well you’ll deal with them. Let’s start with excessive sun.
Sims: That’s going to be tough. The sun is not my friend. I’ve got sensitive skin. I’m not worried about dehydration or starvation, I’m worried about the sun killing my skin.
Holmes: What about lack of sleep?
Sims: I’m used to going on three or four hours of sleep because I work nights. That’s not going to be a problem.
Holmes: Lack of food?
Sims: That’s no problem, I get sleepy.
Holmes: What about paranoia? People running off into the woods to talk about who knows what.
Sims: I think it’s something I’ll have to deal with as soon as we get into the game. You get a good sense of people. Hopefully I’ll get a good read and I won’t be too paranoid.
Holmes: If there is a twist to this season, what do you think it will be?
Sims: I think the only twist that could be a downfall for me is if I trust someone and they backstab me.
Holmes: That’s not a twist, that’s just something that happens. Often.
Sims: (Laughs) Yeah, but because I’m playing it, I’m going to take it personally.
Holmes: That does happen. There are friends who never talk again after the show because of something that happens out here.
Sims: It’s for a million dollars!
Holmes: What do you think of the cast so far?
Sims: I think we’ve got a good mix. I’m getting a good read. There are a couple of parents like me. I’m getting a good vibe from them. There’s one dude, I think he’s military, I’m getting a good vibe from him. Then we’ve got a couple of artistic people. We’ve got a guy that I call Fabio Jr. He’s got these feathers in his hair. I think it’s going to be a great season.
Holmes: I always feel like being a bartender is a great job to prep you for “Survivor.” You meet a wide variety of people and you need to make them like you.
Sims: Yeah, I think that’s going to be my strength. I think most of the gamers here know the game. I’m not as well adapted to the game as they are. I’ll have to use my people skills to know when to zig or to zag.
Holmes: You’re a bigger guy. How are you feeling about these challenges?
Sims: I’m excited. Puzzles I’m not too good at. So, hopefully during the single immunities  I won’t have any puzzles.
Holmes: What’re you going to do with that million dollar check?
Sims: I’m going to cry.
Holmes: (Laughs)
Sims: And then me, my wife, and my daughter are going to go on a vacation to South Africa for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment